What is RSVP?
Its mission is to promote volunteerism-targeting people age 55 and over-as a means of addressing critical community needs, and to provide a high quality experience that will enrich the lives of the volunteers.
What does RSVP do? RSVP works to...
- Recruit people age 55+ for volunteer assignments addressing community needs in local agencies.
- Develop volunteer opportunities that utilize the skills, experience and wisdom of older adults.
- Increase the variety of volunteer opportunities available to older adults.
- Provide opportunities for intergenerational activities and projects in school and community settings.
- Increase public awareness of the contributions of older adults and report to funding sources the community impact of those contributions.
Why should you join RSVP? RSVP will...
- Match your interests, abilities and time with volunteer needs in the community.
- Provide ongoing staff support and training as well as information on new volunteer opportunities.
- Provide accident and liability insurance that covers you while you're volunteering.
- Invite you to the annual RSVP recognition event.
Click here for our volunteer application form.
You can choose a weekly schedule or you can choose from many short-term assignments and special events. Training is provided as needed, so you may want to try something new. You can also explore community volunteer opportunities at www.volunteersrock.org. When you find something that interests you, let us know and we'll assist you with getting started.