BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
The Board of Adjustment shall have the following duties:
(1) To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged that there is error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by the Zoning Administrator.
(2) To hear and decide special exceptions to the terms of this Ordinance.
(3) To hear and decide variances from the terms of this Ordinance.
Per PORTAGE COUNTY CODE OF ORDINANCES, Chapter 3 ADMINISTRATION OF COUNTY GOVERNMENT, Section 3.1.2:
b. Selected by the County Executive for appointment and subject to confirmation by the County Board.
c. Members must reside outside the limits of incorporated cities and villages, provided however that no two members shall reside in the same town.
d. Term of three years, expiring in the month of July.
e. To carry out the duties in accordance with Section 59.694 of the Wisconsin State Statutes.
The Portage County Board of Adjustment is made up of five members, and two alternates, who are appointed by the County Executive, and confirmed by the County Board of Supervisors.
- Marjorie Bachhuber, Chair
- John Jazdzewski, Vice-Chair
- James Garbe, Secretary
- Edward Szachnit
- Dennis Meis
- Ron Hensler
- Ray Reser
The Board Of Adjustment meets typically on the third Monday of each month, on an as needed basis. Completed applications must be submitted to the Portage County Planning and Zoning Department by the 25th of the month prior to the month of the meeting. For additional information, contact Tracy Pelky or Christopher Mrdutt, Assistant Zoning Administrators, at 715-346-1334.
Past agendas and minutes for Board of Adjustment meetings can be found here.
Authority of the Board of Adjustment: