Upcoming Training Opportunities:
Listed below are the upcoming trainings available to foster parents. Please click on the links below for additional information for registration.
- Webinar - Encouraging Your Child's Self-Esteem. Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11am - 1pm. Click here for more information.
- Webinar - Lying as Trauma-Driven Behavior. Tuesday, January 14 from 6pm - 8pm. Click here for more information.
Upcoming Event Opportunities:
Traveling with your Foster Child
Prior approval required for any out of state travel that exceeds 48 hours. Before any travel, it is recommended that you communicate with your case worker in order to obtain a travel authorization letter.
- Reasonable and Prudent Parent Standard: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/publications/pdf/5105.pdf
- United Way 2-1-1: https://www.211unitedway.org/
- Community Resource Guide: https://www.co.portage.wi.us/home/showdocument?id=23387
- Wisconsin Shares - Daycare Assistance: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/wishares
- WIC: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/wic/index.htm
- Car Seat Safety: Child Passenger Safety Laws in WI
- Wisconsin Immunization Registry: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/immunization/wir.htm
- Early Head Start/Head Start: https://capservices.org/what-we-do/child/ehs/