PNCC is a Medicaid benefit that helps pregnant women get the support and services they need to have a healthy baby.
- Help getting the health care you need (finding a doctor, scheduling prenatal appointments)
- Personal support
- Assistance with transportation arrangements for your medical appointments
- Information on good eating habits and health practices (health education and nutrition counseling)
- Information and help finding needed services in your community
- Home visit after the child is born
Request for Referral to Program
Please click here to be taken to the form for a referral to the Maternal Child Health Program. Return the completed and signed form according to the directions on the form.
Why is Medicaid doing this?
Everyone at some time needs a helping hand with things such as:
- Locating child care
- Dealing with family or emotional problems
- Coping with alcohol and other drug use
- Dealing with other problems that are bothering you
Where can I find prenatal care coordination services?
Contact one of the following to find a care coordinator near you:
Portage County Health and Human Services Department 715-345-5350
WellBadger - 1-800-642-7837
Medicaid Recipient Services - 1-800-362-3002
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources for Families
Please click on any of the links below for more information regarding these resources:
- Text 4 Baby
- Cribs for Kids
- The Period of Purple Crying
- My Baby and Me
- Breastfeeding Resources Assistance (BRA)
- Creating a Breastfeeding Friendly Workforce
Well Badger - Maternal Child Health Hotline:
Call 1-800-642-7837 or click below for health information and referrals for family services, health care, women's health and parenting.
Is This Product Safe For Me and/or My Child?
Click on the link below to check the list of products being recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Medication Concerns in Pregnancy?
Click on the link below for the Treating for Two: A National Strategy for Safer Medication Use in Pregnancy.