Please click here for up-to-date information from the Portage County Public Health Department regarding COVID-19.  Links to Portage County Daily Press Releases and county Health Department Situation Reports can be found in the ‘In The Spotlight’ box below.  If you have general questions regarding COVID-19 call 211.  


(2nd floor Clerk of Court Public Access Room)

 8:00 am - 11:30 am 

 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm


Tuesday thru Friday

(Clerk of Court front counter)

7:30 am - 4:30 pm


 Payments Accepted  

  Cash, Check, Money Order, Visa or MasterCard debit/credit card 



Can I make a payment online?

Yes! As long as the fine has not been turned over to our collection agency. This link will take you to the payment page.

payonlineicon PayOnline 24/7


  Stop the Warrant pic 

Do I need a payment plan?

If you're not able to pay your fines, costs, or fees in full within the time that was ordered by the court, you will need to set up a payment plan with the Clerk of Court. It is best to apply right after the Court has ordered it. Waiting to the last day may involve a larger down payment to set up the plan.

How do I set up a payment plan for my fine, costs, or fees owed to the County?

The debtor is to apply for a payment plan "in person". Proof of identity, income, and expenses should be brought with you for the payment clerk to verify payment plan application information. If not able to bring the income/expenses with you, the clerk may request that proof to be brought in on another date.

Is there a fee involved with setting up a payment plan?

There is a payment plan fee of $15 each time you set up a payment plan. Your plan may also require a down payment at the time of setting up your plan.

I have a payment plan already. Can I add another case to it?

Yes, if your plan is active and you are making regular payments. You will need to contact the Clerk of Court and complete a request form to add the case(s) to your payment plan. If your plan is in "good standing", you will not be charged the $15 payment plan fee. If your plan is in default, you will need to set up a new plan that will be assessed the $15 payment plan fee and may require a down payment.

Can I set up a payment plan to stop the failure -to-pay suspension of my driver's license?

You can set up a payment plan, however, the suspension will NOT be removed until that fine is paid in full. After it is paid in full, you would need to contact the DMV to see if eligible to reinstate your driver's license.



State Debt Collections (SDC) Info 


Can I still set up payment plan with the Clerk of Court even though I received a "Notice of Referred Debt" from  the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (SDC)?

(Click to see Example Notice here)

You will not be able to set up a payment plan or pay at the Clerk of Court office. 

Your past due debt has been turned over to the WI Dept. of Revenue State Debt Collection (SDC) agency. You will need to contact them for additional information for paying your past due fines. You can contact them by phone or by their website.

Phone: 608-264-0345

Payment or Plan request by phone: 608-266-7879

Links to WI Dept. of Revenue SDC Website for:

Make an online payment

Request a payment plan




Clerk of Court Payment Plan Forms

The following forms are available for you to print, fill out, and bring to the Clerk of Court for debt that has not been sent to collections. The debtor must meet "in person"  with the payment plan clerk. Please don't mail in the payment plan financial worksheet form it will not be honored, You must be present and provide proof of identify along with you may need to provide proof of income/expenses.

 Back to Home page



Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer