The Portage County EMS Association exists to promote the common interests, education, and professionalism of all aspects of the County's EMS community. The Sheriff's Office EMS Division is a proud partner in this effort, and strongly believes that a strong association means a better world for all of us.
All ambulance service providers and emergency medical response groups in the County belong to the Portage County EMS Association. Other groups such as local hospitals, Mid-State Technical College, and the Sheriff's Office Communications Center and Emergency Medical Services Coordinator are also represented.
The Association meets every other month to:
- Share information about a wide variety of EMS activities
- Develop County-wide plans and procedures
- Develop guidelines for County grants to the EMR services
- Plan public education
- Plan public service events such as medical coverage at fairs and races
- Organize an annual awards banquet